What’s auto insurance and why do I need it?
It’s really about protecting you financially if you have an accident. Auto insurance is a contract between you and the insurance company — you pay a premium, and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Repairs, medical bills or replacing a car after a theft can really add up to a lot of money. If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you can even be sued. Besides, it’s the law to have at least some coverage.
What exactly does it do for me?
Auto insurance gives you property, liability and medical coverage.
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others if they’re hurt or their car is damaged.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
How can DeAngelis Insurance help?
The state of Ohio requires you to have a minimum amount of auto insurance. Our job is to guide you in deciding how much insurance meets your specific needs. Here are a few things we’ll cover during our conversation:
- How much can you afford to pay if your car is damaged in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What’s the reputation of the insurance company that will process your claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy, student discounts, and many others.)
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
What People Say On Google
I have been a customer of DeAngelis insurance for years now. Tom and his staff have always been nothing but prompt, courteous and professional whenever I needed assistance or have a question. Navigating insurance as a single dad with teenagers has been a walk in the park with all their help.
I don’t just consider Tom my insurance agent but a great friend as well and a great supporter of the Stow community.